You open your fridge one day and you’re confronted with a disgusting odor, not to mention that you can’t find the jar that you’re looking for. Time to give it a super clean out!
You can get your fridge looking and smelling fantastic in a few quick steps! Make your fridge the kitchen showpiece it’s meant to be! All you need is vinegar, baking soda, baby oil, and some microfiber cloths.
- The first thing to do is to turn off your fridge and remove all the items inside. This is when you can toss anything that is past its fresh peak, and
- Dump the contents of any containers of leftovers, that have started to grow fuzzy things, and are morphing into some unknown shape!
- Take out all the shelves and bins. Fill a bathtub with 6 to 8 “ of warm water with ½ cup of baking soda. Soak everything for about 15 minutes. Then, rinse and dry.
- Dissolve 2 tbsp of baking soda in 4 cups of warm water. Take a microfiber cloth and wipe the interior of the fridge. Looking better already, right?
- Wipe the exterior of the fridge as well, paying particular attention to the door gasket. Clean the grime buildup between the folds of the door gasket. Use a cloth wrapped around the blade of a kitchen knife to get in between the layers. Stainless doors get a special treatment with a microfiber cloth spritzed with one part vinegar to 2 parts water. Then, remove the streaks with a little baby oil on another microfiber cloth. Flip the cloth over and polish to a nice shine!
Now don’t wait too long before the next cleaning. Once a month is all it takes to keep your fridge looking and smelling fresh and clean! No more cringing when your mother-in-law comes to visit. And just think what a pleasure it will be to put your groceries away, plus the next search for that recipe ingredient will be a lot easier. Who knew that a simple fridge clean out could have such an effect!