Through meditation and awareness, you can bring your physical and mental health to a more harmonious state.
Chakras have been identified and used for centuries in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Ayurveda. A chakra is a center of life energy within our bodies. There are 7 key chakras areas and include 7 colors associated with each.
Chakras can become blocked and cause an imbalance in your body. When this happens, the other chakras may become over-energized to compensate for any area that has shut down. Clearing the energy flow within each chakra can have a powerful healing effect on any physical malfunction connected to that energy center and your general sense of well-being.
The 7 chakras and colors are as follows:
- Root Chakra: Colour – red. Found at the base of your spine. It governs your connection to the outer world, your foundation and your fundamental needs for food, shelter, clothing, etc. It can be thought of as a tether cord that ties you to the earth.
- Sacral Chakra: Colour- orange. Sits just below the navel. It is involved in your creativity, your imagination, impulses, as well as your reproductive organs. Balance is needed here for exploring the world, and coping with changes.
- Solar Plexus: Colour- yellow. Sits just above your navel. This chakra is associated with your digestion and personal inner strength. Balance here is needed to allow you to embrace the things that you experience and understand your place in them.
- Heart Chakra: Colour – green. It is the center of compassion, altruism, and love, the center of our emotions. An imbalance here can cause respiratory problems and high blood pressure. When this chakra is in balance, you are able to form emotional connections with others.
- Throat Chakra: Colour – blue. Governs communication and self-expression. It’s like a translation center where all that is entering our bodies can be communicated outwardly. A blockage here can lead to isolation and susceptibility to infections.
- Third Eye Chakra: Colour – indigo. Sits just above your eyebrows, between your eyes. It represents a more spiritual side of you, your psychic center, as well as and your intuition. It allows you to see how the world around you is interconnected.
- Crown Chakra: Colour -purple and white. Sits right at the top of your head. It represents your power connection to the wider world. It feeds meaning into our lives. When it is in balance, you have a sense of confidence and well-being,
How can you unlock a blocked chakra?
Begin with self-guided meditation involving all the chakras to bring your entire body into balance. All that you need is 30 minutes and a quiet place where you can sit undisturbed. You can begin by trying to visualize each chakra center and the colors associated with them. Devote several minutes to each chakra and visualize the energy passing through it.
We can discover so much about ourselves, if we allow ourselves the time and space, to tune in to these important areas of our bodies.