Painful, swollen and bleeding gums are becoming highly common even in hygienic societies. A known fact is that the most common cause of gum diseases is unhygienic oral conditions and mouth ulcers. Improper and vigorous brushing of teeth and inappropriate flossing are the major causes. Other causes of gum pain include infections such as gingivitis, periodontitis and pericoronitis.
Most of the people do not seek medical attention foe gum pain; therefore I have compiled a few home remedies to alleviate gum pain.
- Dip a tea bag in lukewarm water, dry it and apply to the affected gums. Tannic acid in tea has anti bacterial properties which help in eliminating the infection.
- Rubbing honey over the affected spot also reduces pain as honey too has anti bacterial properties.
- Drink 5 table spoons of cranberry juices after every hour. Cranberry juice prevents bacteria from adhering to teeth and gums.
- Research has proved that stress and depression has close connection with oral diseases. In case of mouth ulcers, try to relax. Do not take much stress.
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin C including lemon, oranges, kiwi, mango, strawberry, papaya etc. they are effective in alleviating pain.
- Apply baking soda to your tooth brush and brush your teeth with the appropriate technique. Consult your dentist for the right technique of brushing.
- Maintain oral hygiene. Brush your teeth thrice a day. Floss daily.
- Use anti septic mouth wash.
- Visit your dentist regularly.