Summer is arguably always the best time of year, it calls for relaxation, vacations, and beach days. Though all this can take a toll on your skin. Skin is one of the most sensitive areas of our bodies and it is very important to take care of it and make sure its healthy. Here are six summer skin care tips that are sure to keep your skin healthy and glowing throughout the summer.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliating will help to get rid of dead skin and keep you pores unclogged. This helps with keeping your skin smooth and allows for better makeup application!
- Stay Hydrated: Staying hydrated is one of the best things you can do for your self in the summer. Not only will it help keep your skin clear and healthy it also keeps your body energized and going throughout your day.
- Sunscreen: Water and sunscreen will become your skins best friends during the summer. Wear sunscreen to keep your skin protected and make sure to look for a higher SPF if you know you will be in the direct sunlight for a long time. Remember sunscreen can’t reverse damage but it can protect you from it.
- Keep it covered: You can’t always lean on your clothes for sun protection, because chances are you will still get some love from the sun. It is always a good option to have a hat (wide brims are the best options) and sunglasses on hand. These give you the extra protection that you might just need.
- Try non-comedogenic products: Keep this in mind for sunscreen as well, non-comedogenic products are made to not clog pores (which can lead to irritation and blemishes). This is especially important for the summer ; hot and humid weather leads to sweat which in combination with oily makeup can irritate your skin. Opting for oil-free and non-comedogenic makeup/products can be much better for your skin.
- Minimal Make-Up: Along with using oil-free and/or non-comedogenic makeup, it is also a good idea to avoid heavy make up. Look for long wear, multi use, light make up that will give you good wear and not clog your skin.